Life is too short to work for jerks. It’s just not worth it.
No matter how much you’re paid, or what position you hold, you always deserve to be treated with respect and decency.
So what’s normal and what’s not?
You may be working for a jerk if your boss:
- Undermines employees.
- Pits people against one another.
- Puts personal loyalty before organizational excellence.
- Takes all the credit.
- Accepts none of the blame.
- Doesn’t trust or empower.
- Doesn’t care about your workload.
- Doesn’t back you when needed.
- Provides no direction.
- Doesn’t set clear expectations.
Wasting heartbeats with bosses (or colleagues) that don’t treat you well just isn’t necessary. Don’t settle.
The marketplace is filled with companies and bosses that really care. Find them and work for them.
Have a great week.
Sign up for The Sunday Snippet!
Good ideas to help you prosper delivered fresh each Sunday morning.